Wednesday, April 9, 2008

FAMILY HISTORY FROM JOE

Joe Borgen in North Dakota sent us an email describing some family history. He wrote:

Lom church in North Dakota , the first land for the property was donated by my grand father Lars Borgen, and at a later date my father and mother donated some more land for the cemetery.

Tom Myhren and Clara (Borgen) Myhren were my aunt & uncle, Clara was my father's sister. Clara's father was Lars Leo Borgen, my father was Leo Lars Borgen, Clara's mother was Sigrid Vole . They immigrated here around 1870 to1880.

The Myhren, Borgen's, & Mundhjield's came from the Lom Norway town. The aerie north and west of there is Boverdalin where the farms are. My wife and I are going to Norway the 28th of April, and I hope to find more info about the Borgen's and Vole's and possibly some about the Myhren families. If you have any info that may help me in my search for info about the families, please contact me.

Thanks, Joe Borgen

No comments: